A. Complete the following sentences using the comparative form
Example: This coffee was very weak. I prefer a bit stronger.
- The hotel was too big. I think it will be ... .
- The hotel was cheap. I think it will be ... .
- Your work isn’t very good. I’m sure you can do ... .
- Don’t worry. The situation isn’t so bad. It could be ... .
B. Complete the following sentences using the comparative form
Example: Yesterday the temperature was nine degrees. Today it’s only six degrees.
- It’s colder today than it was yesterday.
- The journey takes four hours by car and five hours by train.
- I ran 10 kilometres and Dave ran 8 kilometres.
- Chris has got 20 euros and Joe has got 15 euros.
- The anoconda is 7 metres and Boa is 10 metres.
- Loch Ness is deep 70 metres and Lake Diresct is deep 45 metres.
C. Complete the following sentences using “as ... as”
Example: I’m quite tall but you are taller. I’m not as tall as you.
- My house is high but your house is higher. My house isn't ... .
- It's still cold but it was colder yesterday. It isn't ... .
- I am rich but you are richer. I am not ... .
- I am slim but you are slimmer. I am not ... .
D. Rewrite the following sentences so that they have the same meaning
Example: Jack is younger than he looks. He isn´t as old as he looks.
- The station was nearer than I though. The station wasn’t ... .
- She has longer hair than she had. She didn’t have ... .
- He buys cheaper trainers than he bought. He didn’t buy ... .
- I does better exam than I did yesterday. I didn’t do ... .