e-class - 6 (Monday, 2.05.2011)


A. Complete the following sentences using the comparative form
Example: This coffee was very weak. I prefer a bit stronger.
  1. The hotel was too big. I think it will be ... .
  2. The hotel was cheap. I think it will be ... .
  3. Your work isn’t very good. I’m sure you can do ... .
  4. Don’t worry. The situation isn’t so bad. It could be ... .

B. Complete the following sentences using the comparative form
Example: Yesterday the temperature was nine degrees. Today it’s only six degrees.
  1. It’s colder today than it was yesterday.
  2. The journey takes four hours by car and five hours by train.
  3. I ran 10 kilometres and Dave ran 8 kilometres.
  4. Chris has got 20 euros and Joe has got 15 euros.
  5. The anoconda is 7 metres and Boa is 10 metres.
  6. Loch Ness is deep 70 metres and Lake Diresct is deep 45 metres.

C. Complete the following sentences using “as ... as”
Example: I’m quite tall but you are taller. I’m not as tall as you.
  1. My house is high but your house is higher. My house isn't ... .
  2. It's still cold but it was colder yesterday.  It isn't ... . 
  3. I am rich but you are richer. I am not ... .
  4. I am slim but you are slimmer. I am not ... .

D. Rewrite the following sentences so that they have the same meaning
Example: Jack is younger than he looks. He isn´t as old as he looks.
  1. The station was nearer than I though. The station wasn’t ... .
  2. She has longer hair than she had. She didn’t have ... .
  3. He buys cheaper trainers than he bought. He didn’t buy ... .
  4. I does better exam  than I did yesterday. I didn’t do ... .